cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX882 stopped scanning over WiFi

FBurr
Contributor

I have a PIXMA MX882 all-in-one printer which has worked like a champ for the last few years until I had to have my hard drive wiped and a new OS installed (long story).  I've re-installed the printer software and drivers (including most current scanner driver) from the Canon website.  I've also verified I have the access point and password entered in the printer for my WiFi network.  But when trying to scan, I keep getting this error "Scanner is turned off. USB cable is disconnected.   2.156.0." I've uninstalled and re-installed the printer and driver software, but this error will not clear.  OSX 10.11.15 if that's relevant.

Sailor-retired USN. former 5D Mk II user - recently graduated to the R6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

It appears that the MP Navigator is still set for a USB connection.

If the lastest CUPS Printer Driver, Scanner Driver, MP Navigator and IJ Network Tool have been installed, open the MP Navigator and choose Preferences.  Once there, make sure that the network version of the printer is chosen.  The normal MX880 Series option is the USB version.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

It appears that the MP Navigator is still set for a USB connection.

If the lastest CUPS Printer Driver, Scanner Driver, MP Navigator and IJ Network Tool have been installed, open the MP Navigator and choose Preferences.  Once there, make sure that the network version of the printer is chosen.  The normal MX880 Series option is the USB version.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks so much!  Now I can stop tearing out my hair (what little is left of it!)

Sailor-retired USN. former 5D Mk II user - recently graduated to the R6
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements