cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 wireless setup SNAFU

uppermohawk
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX490 printer and NONE of the suggestions/videos on this forum or from the Canon website have helped with my situation.

I have printed the Network Configuration page and verified the info: 

Wireless LAN : Enable

Connection: Active

MAC Address: 

SSID: WIN_XXXXXX (Same info as my WIFI Router)

Password: blank (even though we manually input the router's PW on the Wireless setup menu)

Communication Mode: Infrastructure

Channel: 11

Signal Strength: 100%

IPv4 IP Address: 192.168.254.73

We have attemped the USB option, manual wireless setup and auto setup- it doesn't work; also input the IP address on my cell & laptop- but the IP address times out. Also went into the home router and verified that the IP: 192.168.254.73 was connected, and then tried to PING the IP- but this also came back with an error.

Anyone able to assist me with this issue?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi uppermohawk,

Please turn your PIXMA MX490 off.  Next, unplug the power cord to your router.  Wait 5 seconds and reconnect the power cord.

Once the router has finished restarting, please turn your PIXMA MX490 back on.

Once back on, reprint the Network Configuration Page to see if the IP address of the printer has changed and then attempt to ping that address from your computer.

If the ping results in error, what error does it give?  Timed Out?  Destination host unreachable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements