cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Not Connecting to New WFI

sparham13
Apprentice

I recently move and I can't seem to connect the Pixma MG3620 to my AIRPRINT because it's not on the same network. I had to get a new wifi, and I believe it's still remembering the old one.

I've tried to redownload the driver/installation. Tried to factory reset (hold the stop for 21 flashes). I also tried the hold the wifi button, power flashes, click color button, click wifi. and it's still not working.

I even tried the app, and no dice. helpppp

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You do have to put the printer into Wireless Set Up mode before re-running the installation software in order to be given the opportunity to choose a new network and enter its password. 

hold the wifi button, power flashes, click color button, click wifi. is correct.  Then run the installer. select the SSID and enter the password.

If you are not seeing the SSID broadcast, then the new router may not be configured properly.  The printer supports a 2.4 Ghz broadcast that supports WPA2 / AES encryption.  Does your new router meet these requirements?  If it is a dual or tri-band router using the same SSID name for all broadcasts, try giving the 2.4Ghhz broadcast a unique name, or temporarily disable the 5G broadcast, etc. while troubleshooting.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements