cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 keeps going offline

SandraMS
Apprentice

Hi

My printer keeps going offline.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, turned on/off modem and printer.  Sometimes it prints and sometimes it says offline and won't print.  Why does it keep doing this?  It is very unreliable when I need to print things.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks! Sandra

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Sandra!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you have, which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof), and whether your computer and your printer talk to each other via Wi-Fi or via a USB cable. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I’m also having this problem with my G6020. It started after I noticed and complied with the request to do a firmware update about two to three weeks ago. I’ve had nothing but trouble since then. I’ve rebooted everything—printer, devices, router—multiple times. I’ve reloaded drivers on all devices. I’ve attempted set up multiple times. It’s like the printer is invisible to WiFi. I’m running all Apple devices, and most are new—a MacBook Air, two iPhones —a 15 and a 13, and multiple iPads. None will connect and I’m beyond frustrated. I use this for a small business and I have to take the files elsewhere to print things I need for Monday. Prior to this, the printer was wonderful. Then it kept shutting off, which made Airprinting a pain. Then I had to restart the router every time I wanted to print and now it won’t connect via WiFi at all. It really appears as if your update broke something and I really hope you fix it. Otherwise, all I have is a large Canon paperweight. 

Zoomy
Apprentice

Hi, I have a canon G6050 that has the same issue, continual disconnection, prints 1 job if I~ get it back the looses all connection.
It is a terrible printer to use! Really bad.. 

Is there an update on this, I have had advice from canon blaming my wifi having both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Just about every wifi splits this way, canon connect on 2.4 and say that this is not their problem! Really!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the community Zoomy.

Since this is a thread started by someone else who has a different model device, could you please start your own topic.  This ensures your issue receives the visibility it deserves.

Your post should include a statement about your problem or issue

The model of you Canon device: G6050

The operating system (version and build) you are using it with

How it is connected and to what.  (wireless)?

Information about your wireless network.  Router brand / model.  How is it configured, etc?

Any troubleshooting steps you've performed, error messages you've received.  

We're happy to try and help.  Thanks in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements