cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 472 Printer Could Not be Detected on the Network

razzor
Apprentice

This is killing me. I don't know what the problem is. I have tried and tried to install the MX 472, but it will not connect to the network or be found. I had  this printer work before on another router, but after moving, it won't connect. I hae RESET all data, still it won't be found.

I did manage to see it once in my list of networks, but that was only once. When I try to set up using cableless method, the Canon_ij_Setup shows, but the installation won't find it.

I printed the Network Configuration page and this is what I am seeing:

Wireless Lan - Enable

Connection - Inactive

MAC Address - D8:49:2F:B7:9A:56

SSID-BJNPSETUP

Communication Mode - Infrastructure

Channel -

Encryption - none

WEB Key Length - Inactive

IPv4 IP Address -

and the remaining is all blank.

Anyone could help, please....  This is so frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, razzor!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks

But I am struggling why it is not showing on my network. Only the Cannon_ij_Setup shows when doing a cableless setup but it disappears after a time out.

Hi razzor,

Please try using the manual method of connecting your PIXMA MX472 to your Wi-Fi:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117459

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but it doesn't work.

When I get to step 8:

When Select access point appears, use the left or right arrows to select the wireless network to connect to:

The printer shows my router but it will not connect. The router offers both 2.4 and 5 G. My computer is usually on 5 G. I haven't experienced this problem before.

Any ideas?

Announcements