cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF632CDW printer will not connect

Jshubert
Apprentice

Having trouble wirelessly connecting to my printer. It’s been in a “connecting” cycle for over 30 mins. When I try to cancel, it stays in a “canceling” cycle. Have tried powering off and factory reset. Connection was fine up until a couple days ago.

4 REPLIES 4

Sparkus
Apprentice

I have a very similar problem. Printer has been working wirelessly for years connected to a Netgear RAX80 router. As of a week ago, it is no longer connected, will not reconnect either via WPS or manually, gives error that the security settings may be different between router & printer. I tried all security options on the router, none work. Just completed printer firmware upgrade as well. The printer DOES WORK when hardwired to the same router.

@Sparkus,

You are posting to another user's topic.  Please start your own topic.  This will help others trying to assist you.  Please include the model of your device and information about your network.  Netgear routers typically use "Smart Connect" a feature that uses a single SSID or network name for all broadcasts.  This can confuse the printer.  It's often possible to temporarily disable the 5G/6G broadcast or give each network broadcast a unique name to facilitate connection.  The security encryption being used must match the printers requirements.  Unless noted, WPA3 is not supported.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer requires a 2.4Ghz broadcast that supports WPA2 / AES encryption.  Please ensure your network meets these requirements.  Connection takes only a few seconds typically.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sparkus
Apprentice

Hearing from a number of friends and family that all sorts of wireless printers are disconnecting from networks due to very recent solar flares (a.k.a., interference) in North America. Honestly, this is the most logical explanation. Meanwhile, I have hardwired my printer, and will try again when conditions improve.

Announcements