cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF445DW Cannot be found on Network by Canon Software

Moatag
Apprentice

I had a customer purchase a Canon MF445DW at my suggestion as i have previously had nothing but good service with all the previous Canon MF models i have supplied and support. But this one is driving me nuts. I am having second thoughts about the new Canon products.

The Canon software for the MF445 cannot find the device during installation of the software package downloaded from the Canon site. Also if you take the option to enter the devices IP address it still cannot find it.

The device is hard wired via ethernet, it can be pinged via its fixed ip address, the UI can be accessed via an internet browser using the ip address, Cifs 1.0 is enabled, all network sharing is enabled, Antivirus and Firewall are disabled, windows is able to discover the device as a printer and a scanner and install its own drivers and can print and scan via windows tools, but the windows drivers limit functionality and convenience. This model was only bought for the duplex scanning as most of my clients use the 210 series Mono laser on their networks (which software and printer works perfectly every time).

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Moatag!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of Windows is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Moatag
Apprentice

All the workstations run Windows 10 64bit.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you running v6.604 of the UFRII installer?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Moatag
Apprentice

Yes. V6.604 as available on the Canon Web Site.

sportsmunkee72
Apprentice

I am having the same issues with 2 brand new Canon MF445dw. Have tried using the Canon website and CD. Also updated firmware. Anyone have success correcting this ???????

Announcements