cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF654Cdw setup not detect via wireless network.

cirusc02
Apprentice

There was another discussion before about this same issue. However, there was never any answers posted other than the basic Check Knowledge Base. I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I just bought the ImageclassMF654Cdw. I completed the network setup on the printer and I'm trying to install the software and driver. But the CD software does not detect the printer when installing as wireless network. Here is what if done:

Confirmed the TCP/IP settings under IPv4, address is 192.168.0.176, matching my network
Checked my network settings and I have the IPv4 protocol installed
Confirmed Network Discovery and File Printer sharing are enabled
Tried both adding Canon setup to firewall exceptions and Disable Firewall entirely, restarting computer as necessary
Tried Run as Administrator when starting setup
Disabled Secondary ethernet port
Verified printer was on network by downloading firmware update via internet directly from printer
Downloaded recent driver install from Canon site
Turned off Windows Defender, there is no anti-virus software installed
Changed Power Sleep to 60 mins

The printer works via USB, Windows detects the printer on the network, I can view the Device Webpage and can install using Add Printer/Scanner in Windows Device Settings. By doing this I can printer with no issues. I have also tried the Easy Connection via PC. When the printer restarts, it shows the IPv4 address is 0.0.0.0 which will not work. If I leave the printer in normal operating mode and run the Canon Laser NW Device Setup Utility, it will detect the printer, status shows Reconfiguration of Settings Required and tells me it has to be in Easy Connection. As soon as I switch the printer to Easy Config it's no longer detected. I tried Add Port during GPlus UFRII Driver. But when I install the scanner software it does not detect the printer.

How can I get the Canon software installed and the printer working over wireless? Do I install the printer thru Windows and use the Microsoft version of Fax and Scan?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements