Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility scanned docs now list type as WHATSAPP

JACK12534
Apprentice

all scanned docs now list type as WHATSAPP. How can I stop that from happening

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have, the operating system on your computer, along with how you are performing these scans.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

JACK12534
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX492.  I have a PC laptop using Windows 11. I use the canon scan utility to scan documents. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I had to guess, I would assume File Type Association.  Meaning either .jpg's or .PDF's are incorrectly associated with the Whats App Desktop Application.  Do your scanned files appear with a  Whats App icon?

Something like this?

shadowsports_0-1672940694055.jpeg

Right-click on one of the scanned image icons.  Select Properties at bottom of context menu.  Press the Change button under opens with.  Select the desired app you want associated as the default file handler.

shadowsports_1-1672940898956.png

shadowsports_3-1672941211879.png

Browse then select the app you want associated with scanned documents, adobe, edge, photos, etc.  Choices can vary depending on the software you have installed.  Hope this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements