cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently changed the password for my home network and now my MX432 printer will not connect.

Rnady2
Contributor

My modem died and so I had to get a new one and reset my whole network with a new password and now I cannot get the network to identify my printer. I cannot find the original CD-ROM and have followed the setup over and over again. If they say that insanity is doing the same think\g over and over expecting different results I might be losing my mind! I have downloaded new driver but it doesn't appear anywhere. I can copy with the MX432 so I am assuming it is still working! HELP!

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can download all software here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx432#Dr...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Got it to print but it still doesn't think it is a scanner

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers do yo see a scanner as well as the printer?

What software are you using to try and scan.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Nope. It only shows the printer. I am just using their software (driver)

Ramona
Authority

Hi Rnady2,

The IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program will need to be running on your computer in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure that it is running, from the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.  Are you able to scan successfully once the program is running?  Also, what version of Windows is on your computer?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. When I go through the steps you gave me the box that comes up is blank (the one that says to choose a scanner)

Ramona
Authority

Hi Rnady,

When you reinstalled the printer using the drivers and software from the Canon USA website, what files did you download?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements