cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the PIXMA MG3520 software to work with my macOS

CelticFairy
Contributor

I just got a new Mac 24". It is running macOS Monterey 12.6.1. I have a Pixma MG3520 that I have had for a couple of years. I originally used it with a laptop that had Windows 10. I'm not sure of the version. I have it set up so that I can print with it. But I want the menu that I had on the Windows laptop where I can scan access the manual, etc. I tried to download it, but when I tried to open it, it gave me an error about Canon needing to update the software before I could use it. I really don't want to buy a different printer when this one is perfectly good. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Ah yes.  Thats the Quick Start Utility Menu.

Here you go

Then install My Image Garden

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I understand your post correctly, you are looking for the manual for your printer?

That can be downloaded here

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm looking to download the software that will be on the desktop and look like this.09701DAE-0681-401F-8A9F-E486D4732FBB.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Ah yes.  Thats the Quick Start Utility Menu.

Here you go

Then install My Image Garden

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I downloaded it but it doesn't look like the one I posted. Also, I still can't scan. Am I missing something? in the online manual, it said something about an ICA driver. Do I need to download that too?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

MAC OS and Windows are architecturally different.  The software shares similarities but is not identical.  Earlier versions of MAC OS might have used the ICA scan driver.

Monterey uses the IJ Scan Utility

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

OK, thanks for all of your help. It looks like I need to get a USB cable in order to install that. I will try it as soon as I get that.

I got the cable and tried downloading the IJ Scan Utility. When I tried to run it, it gave me a message. " A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again." It didn't say what driver, so on the list where I got the IJ Scan Utility, I first downloaded Printer Firmware Updater (Mac) Ver. 1.1. That one wouldn't update because it said my current version was the same as the update. So I tried ver. 1.0b Mac OS X v.10.6. Well, that wouldn't even open, so I'm back to square one of not knowing how to get my quick menu to work and to be able to scan documents.

Have you tried the built-in Preview application that comes with macOS?   Launch that application, then from its File menu, see if it has a menu item named something like "Import from Pixma..." or "Import from Canon..."

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No, there's nothing in the Preview.

Announcements