cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got New Router, Canon MX870 Won't Connect to Access Point?

li
Apprentice

I have had my Canon MX870 for a long time, and recently my router crashed and stopped working after a long time. After it crashed, my Canon has not been able to connect to the access point/wifi. Has anyone found a solution or had a similar problem?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi li,

Since you have changed your access point/router, reinstalling the printer drivers on your computer will get the printer reconnected to your network.  If you do not have the installation CD to reinstall the printer, please reply with what operating system is on your computer and we will be happy to provide you with instructions for downloading the latest drivers from the Canon USA website.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 7720. I am trying to connect my MX870 printer to an Actiontec GT784WN DSL modem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.

Try the following steps to connect the MX870 to a router via Wi-Fi:

1. Press the Setup Button.

2. Use the scroll wheel to select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.

3. If prompted to activate the Wireless LAN, choose Yes and press OK.

4. Select Easy Setup and press OK.

5. When your access point appears, select it and press OK.

6. Enter your encryption key and press OK. Use the Star (*) button to switch character modes.

7. Confirm the key is correct and press OK.

8. Once the connection is complete, press OK.

Once this has been done, press the Copy button to return to the default menu.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using windows 10 on an HPG72 Notebook PC with a canon Mx870 and trying to connect to a new router - I need to download the right drivers for this I beleive -can anyone help????

Hi RachelleReagan,

You can download the latest drivers to reinstall your PIXMA MX870 from the Canon USA website here.  You will want to download and install the MP DRIVERS file from the DRIVERS section, and the MP NAVIGATOR software from the SOFTWARE section of the webpage.

Hope this helps!  Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Jbh22
Apprentice

Choose "Other Setup" not the "Easy Setup". Then choose the WPA2 security setup setting and enter in your information as usual. That may be what's stopping you. I'm not sure exactly what that is but I think it's a higher level of security (?). 

Announcements