cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Wired MB2720 Scanner cannot see my PCs

Metallo
Apprentice

Hi there,

My new printer is wired to my home network.

Most of the time, when I click scan >> PC on the printer, it only shows the USB (Local) option, although my three PCs are all wired to the same network.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest driver multiple times.

Sometimes it can see the PCs, but most of the time it does not, for instance, the following day.

When I look at my network, I can see all my PCs, as well as my new printer.

Also accessing my router, I do see everything.

When I turn my printer ON and select scan >> PC, I am only offered with the USB (Local) selection.

This is very annoying because I have to constantly have a USB with me in order to scan my stuff or open the utility.

• All machines are on W10 Home Edition
  • All PCs have a network sharing as 'Private' with 'Turn on network discovery' and 'Turn on automatic setup of network-connected devices' ticked. Also, the radio button for 'Turn on file and printer sharing' is on.

I am out of ideas, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Alex

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Metallo,

Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner.  In the menu that appears, please click on the Canon Utilities folder.  In that folder, please click on the IJ Scan Utility.

In the IJ Scan Utiltiy, please click the Photo or Document button.

Are you able to scan?

If not, what error code appears at the bottom of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

I followed your instructions and no problem at all, it scans perfectly fine.

However, even today, only the (Local) USB is an option, the scanner cannot see three PCs on the same network.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Announcements