cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer can't find MG5520 printer

Rickeye64
Apprentice

Hi,

I've installed the software for my new MG5520 printer on my HP Pavilion p7-1003w computer running Windows 7 and run through the printer setup on the printer LCD (which shows I'm connected to my wireless network), but when I go to add a new printer to my network, the computer can not find the printer. I've disabled the firewall on the computer but still no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rick

5 REPLIES 5

jharcler
Apprentice
Did you ever find a solution for this problem?

No. Just hooked up using a USB cable.

Hi.Power off and power on your router..then connect the printer again to your wifi network..also delete the network from your computer and connect it again...then try to search for the printer

Going back over to their house this afternoon to try this.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

If you have been able to connect the unit to your network using the operator panel, please make sure that your computer is also connected to the same network or SSID.  Next, use the CD to install the unit on your computer.  Using the 'Add Printer' wizards for Windows will not properly add the printer in most cases.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements