cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon printer automatic updates

kcrealese
Apprentice

I've owned an LP622C for probably 18 months now. Maybe I'm missing something here, but the printer drivers are CONSTANTLY out of date and NEVER automatically update. Its incredibly frustrating to have to reinstall a printer driver each and every time that Apple updates its IOS, which is an extremely frequent occurrence. Its made the printer effectively useless as I need to invest 10 minutes to manually update every time I want to print. 

Why anyone would want to buy a machine with Canon the requires this level of constant updating is beyond me. I'd never recommend a canon to anyone with an IOS, regardless of how good the actual printer features are

Am I missing something here?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What is the specific behavior or error you are receiving?  

How it your printer connected?  Wireless or USB? 

Does the printer always show as "Connected, ready" with a green dot, or does it appear with a red dot and "Not ready" on those ocassions when you cannot print?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thx for the reply 

Connected wirelessly

It appears with a green dot. Then you print and the document sits in the queue as the the computer searches for the printer. Then the dot turns to yellow, saying its in use.

The only way to solve this is completely reinstall the driver. Clearing out the existing queue and making sure the printer is not sleeping don't work. Once you reinstall the driver, you can print....until the next time you need to print....then you need to reinstall the driver.....again and again and again

completely useless printer

Announcements