cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon print app no longer recognizes my printer mg7520 help! fix?

markkie
Apprentice

Until this recent update, the Canon print app on my android 4.4 phone worked great.  Now I can't print anything.  It says it doesn't recognize my printer mg 7520 and everything is on the same wireless network access point.  I've tried multiple ways to set up the wireless through the app,,, which are shown on the app... nothing picks up the printer.  both the printer and phone identify the same router access point which confirms that is set up correctly.  How do I fix this?  Is there an older version... the previous one?... that I can redownload instead of the new one?  I don't know what happeded with this last update but it's a failure.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi markkie,

Please try reinstalling the app.  Please open the Application Drawer, find the Canon PRINT Inkjet SELPHY app, and then drag it up to the “Uninstall App” option.

Once uninstalled, please turn your phone off, wait 2 minutes and then turn your phone back on.

When the load starts back up, please go to Google Play to download and install the Canon PRINT Inkjet SELPHY app and select the Register Printer button to set up the app with your PIXMA MG7520.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements