cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS9521C will not allow me to update the wifi password

MrsMyers98
Apprentice

My TS9521C will not allow me to update the password for my Wi-Fi router. A wifi password change was necessary and the printer menu/digital screen will not give the option to change the password. It continues to reflect a connection error based on the old password. I reset all settings, unplugged it, plugged it back in and cannot get help via the customer service line. Can someone please advise how I can resolve this issue. 

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please re-run the printer's setup software.  This will allow you to specify a new SSID name and password.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you! I’ve had the printer for 2 years and uncertain if I still have the CD. If not, is there another way to do so?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

All software for your printer is available on its support portal. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-ts9521c

You'll want to get the latest drivers/version appropriate for your operating system.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately re-running the printer set up did not work. I still am unable to change the wireless password. It continues to connect using the old one. The setup only allowed me to print a test page while the USB was connected. Is there any way to factory reset the printer?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you get a new router?  Does your network meet the following requirements?

2.4Ghz broadcast that uses WPA2 / AES encryption.  Note: If your network is using the same SSID name for all broadcasts this might cause issues.  Also if the encryption is set to WPA3, this is not supported.

To work around this, you can give each network a unique name.  (Example) MyWiFi2.4, MyWiFi5, MyWiFi6. You can also temporarily disable the other broadcasts while making the connection.  The turn them back on.  Make sure your security is set to WPA3/WPA2 for backwards compatibility or just WPA2 which is very secure too.   

Are you following these instructions:

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TS9500 series : Setup Guide

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick...again, thank you for your help; much appreciated. I do meet the requirements outlined above and also had my son who is in IT attempt the setup guide but once we arrived at tap your wireless router screen, it still would not give us the option to change the passcode. However, he simply used our WPS button and was able to connect to the printer. Again, thank you!

untz
Apprentice

I also have this issue, better described by this YouTube Video but it seems this printer never forgets WIFI passwords once they are input for each hotspot name you provide a password for. Not even factory reset helps. Please help Canon. The closest I am to fixing this problem is running the Canon Wi-Fi Connect application in windows over a USB connection but it asks for the printer's password?! I don't recall ever setting one and am unable to find this information in any documentation.

https://youtu.be/ZZt-e4XPWbY

And WPS is not an option for me.

I might have this fixed. The default password over USB is the Serial Number of the printer.

Announcements