cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma G1220 driver location on Mac?

Jjbco
Apprentice

Short question: I'm looking for a Canon Pixma G1220 driver for my Mac running Sonoma v14. The search results on Canon's website return Smart Connect and Easy-PhotoPrint Editor software but no driver. I'm getting the feeling that no such driver exists for this printer/Mac combo.

Longer details: The printer works fine connected directly to my Mac. I've been experimenting with ways to make it available on the network when my Mac is off. Currently, it's plugged into the USB on my NAS. After selecting "Add Printer" and selecting the "default" icon, the printer shows up immediately (usbprinter1@[network name] Bonjour), the "name" field pops in, and the "location" field pops in, but the "use" dropdown menu is problematic. It won't "auto-select," the "select software" list is woefully inadequate, and the "other" option brings me to my initial question: is there even a driver available for this printer/Mac combination?

I came up empty looking for the driver under Library > Printers. I was hoping by some miracle that I might be able to use the Canon Inkjet Smart Connect app under Applications > ________, but everything is greyed out.

FWIW, I also tried to use StarTech's print server (plugged into the router) and ran into the same problem when adding as an IP printer: no driver available.

I won't be heartbroken if this doesn't work; I bought this printer because it's as basic as I could get. It just seems strange that there is no driver available.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There are no drivers for your MacOS. This model printer is a USB interface and is designed to work with Apples built in print system. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There are no drivers for your MacOS. This model printer is a USB interface and is designed to work with Apples built in print system. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements