cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 not connecting to new Wi-Fi

Ctk98
Apprentice

We moved recently and got new wifi. This is the first time the printer has been turned on in about a year. We were using an HP, but it recently stopped working, so we got the Canon out. I've been trying to connect my printer to Wifi on the Canon Print app for about an hour now. I've done it like a dozen times. I've restarted the printer, my phone, the router. And nothing is working. I get to the part where I put the Wifi password in, it says it connects, and then when it gets to the last part, my printer never comes up. When it gets to the last page, the power button and wifi button on the printer blink a few times and then go solid, but still the printer never comes up on the app. I waited on the last page for almost 20min and nothing happened. I need help.

1000000644.png

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ctk98,

You can change the name of your wireless broadcast, and encryption standard on your router.  (Spectrum) in your case:  Ensure your 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast is using WPA2 or WPA3/WPA2 for backwards compatibility

shadowsports_0-1719882518332.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements