cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920

kfb1969
Apprentice

Does anyone have a fix for the wireless settings for Canon MX 920?

I have had Canon printers for at least six years, never a problem until recently.

I purchased a new Canon MX 920 printer in July.  Ever since I had this printer it has been a pain in rear side.

The printer is constantly "Offline".

Steps I have tried to resolve:

1.  Re-installed printer drivers on all computers on home network.

2.  Re-inputted wireless settings on the printer.

3.  I have rebooted computer and printer when it is offline....which is constantly.

4.  I have logged into my router and verified printer.  The router is showing it as connected.

This is total pain in butt.  I can never print anything without a thirty to sixty minute ordeal of constantly rebooting the darn printer and computers.  There is no error code, just on printer status on computers state the printer is offline.

To me, I have lost faith in Canon printers because of this.  I have browsed thru forum and online and it seems to be a common problem with Canon wireless printers.  They will not maintain their connection.  The problem is with the printer itself.  As I mentioned, the device is saying offline however when this occurs if I check my router it is showing that the printer is connected to network.  The printer itself is at fault, it is a piece of plastic junk.

2 REPLIES 2

kfb1969
Apprentice

Oh I have forgotten one important detail.

I cannot print wireless as mentioned.  I get the message "printer offline" and to turn on the printer.

But.......................

Even when I am getting the "printer offline" when I try to print I can walk over to the darn thing and scan something without any problem.  It will send the scanned document to which computer I select.  

So anyone have any ideas why this heap of junk will not wirelessly print yet will scan and send wirelessly?????

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issues.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements