cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP620 "forgets" how to wirelessly print until I completely reinstall

MattL2
Apprentice

I've had my Canon MP620 for about five years. I use it to wirelessly print from my laptop. It has worked fine the whole time I've had it. Recently, I tried to print from my Laptop and I got a message that the printer was offline and couldn't connect (yes, the printer was on.) I tried all sorts of things and the only way to print was by plugging the printer to the laptop via USB. I continued trying to get it to print wirelessly, and ultimately the only thing that worked was completely uninstalling the printer drivers, resetting the printer's LAN settings, and completely setting everything back up again from scratch.

So, problem solved. However, two days (and a few prints) later, I had the same problem. Wouldn't print wirelessly, would print when plugged in. And again, after all sorts of fiddling, the only solution that worked was whad I described doing the first time. Fine, it works again. But a few days later, the same problem! That was this morning. However, this time even plugging in the printer via USB didn't work!! Again I had to reinstall and reconfigure everything from scratch. Now it works again (for now...)

So as the title suggests, I believe that my printer is "forgetting" how to wirelessly print after just a few days of regular use. Any suggestions on fixing this? Or do I just need a new printer? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi MattL2,

Your PIXMA MP620 should not forget its wireless settings.  It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using a PC laptop with Windows 7. Everything should be up to date.

Hi MattL2,

Your PIXMA MP620 should not forget its wireless settings.  It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements