cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect PIXMA iX6820 to Wi-Fi

EmmyJill
Apprentice

I recently purchased the iX6820 pixma printer and I cannot seem to connect it to my wifi. I switched my wifi to 2.4 GHz band but it still won’t connect. When I try to connect my printer to my phone through the app it all works perfectly until I select my network. It tries then the orange light on the printer comes on solid and the app goes back to the search page and no matter how many times I’ve tried it always does the same thing. Please help. I’m beyond frustrated. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer supports connection to a 2.4Ghz broadcast using WPA2 /AES encryption. Does your network support this standard and is it properly configured?  Are you using the same SSID name for all broadcasts?  If yes, trying using unique names for the individual broadcasts or temporarily disabling the 5G broadcast until you get the printer connected, then re-enable.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your response! How do I find all that out? I am very ignorant of all these technical terms. 

Announcements