cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I setup my canon MG3220 printer using my phone hot spot and ipad? I do not have a WPS button on

Cdyoung
Apprentice

Can I setup my canon printer with my phone hotspot and an Ipad?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cdyoung.

Unfortunately, a standard WiFi router would be needed in order to be able to use the MG3220 wirelessly.  We cannot support the unit with a mobile hot spot or air card.  If you do not have a WPS-ready router, the wireless setup can be performed with a standard Windows or Mac OSX computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How does one go about setting up this printer above even with a router (specifically a U-verse router/modem built in deal)?  The instructions weren't very clear that came with the printer, but it looks like I've got to have a base computer running and plugged into the printer for it to work wirelessly?  Is this the case?

Thanks.

Hi JonathanM98,

Assuming you have the CD that came with the printer, all you would have to do is insert the CD and perform the Easy Install.  Follow the instructions on the screen and when prompted, specify that you want to set up the wireless using the connection cable.  It will ask you to temporarily connect the printer to the computer via USB so that it can send the information about your wireless network to the printer over that USB connection, and when it's done and it has verified that the connnection is active, it will instruct you to disconnect the USB cable and from that point on it will be wireless.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements