cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 print error, no code

frustrated4
Apprentice

I've had the TR8520 printer since late September with no problems but we recently updated our routers firmware and can no longer print. I'm not positive this was the cause, just a guess. I'm on windows 10 and am getting 'canon tr8500 series' is in an error state or just plain error, no codes given. Both my huband and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and still can't print. I can however scan from my computer with no probelms so it's recognizing the wireless connection for me to be able to get an image from the scanner to my computer. My husband plugged in the USB and can now print but my only option would be wireless so I still can't print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, this is what I did.

It worked, but I had to choose 'Canon (copy 2)' 

If I did not choose 'copy 2' I would get the same error. 

I was on the phone with tech support for a long time, and it did not solve the problem unfortunately. It happened shortly after the update as well, just as in your case. 

Hopefully tech support was able to help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi frustrated4,

First, please connect your PIXMA TR8520 to your wireles network:

1.  Please select the gear icon at the bottom of the display of your PIXMA TR8520

2.  Select Settings

3.  Select Device Settings

4.  Select LAN settings

5.  Select Wireless LAN

6.  Select Wireless LAN setup

7.  Select Manual connect

8.  Select your wireless network name

9.  Enter your wireless network password using the on screen keyboard

10.  Select OK when "Connected to the wireless router." appears

11.  Your PIXMA TR8520 is now connected to your wireless network.

Once reconnected, please reinstall the drivers on your computer:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TR8500 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all TR8500's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed your instructions but I'm still getting print error.  The printer said it was connected to the wireless router.  I removed the Canon TR8500 device.  There were no others there to remove.  I uninstalled the Canon TR8500 series MP Drivers.  I rebooted and then dowloaded the drivers and reinstalled.  Now the only printer listed is Canon TR8500 series FAX which of course gives the same error when trying to print.

Questions:  1. Can my husband's computer be connected via USB to the printer while I am wireless or must both be wireless?

2. Should I uninstall everything Canon and in what order and then start all over as if I just bought this printer?

3. Does my husband need to do the same?

Hi frustrated4,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, this is what I did.

It worked, but I had to choose 'Canon (copy 2)' 

If I did not choose 'copy 2' I would get the same error. 

I was on the phone with tech support for a long time, and it did not solve the problem unfortunately. It happened shortly after the update as well, just as in your case. 

Hopefully tech support was able to help you.

Announcements