Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pixma mx490 support

Hi. I tried contacting Cannon online and it wasn't successful. I got the message that my Pixma mx490 will no longer be supported on my Chromebook and also had the message on my windows 10 work Lenovo as of 12/30. Mx490 was not on the list they provided on the message. I had purchased a new printer based on the list but haven't opened it. I went to print something today with my current pixma and it was fine...so do I need a printer or return the one I bought?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pixma mx490 support

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

Its kind of difficult for us to tell you what you do or don't need. You'll have to decide of the printer is meeting your needs.  

The MX490 is supported under windows 10.  Drivers for it are here:

Support | MX Series | PIXMA MX490 | Canon USA

While Google has ended support for Cloud Print, most network printers wil continue to work under Chrome OS.

Print from Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
New Contributor

Re: Pixma mx490 support

Thanks. When I try to add it directly to the chromebook I wasn't finding the current printer. I just wanted to make sure it would still work. Thanks.