cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 5250

nannapat
Contributor

Hi.  My faithful MG5250 has suddenly started printing wrong colours.  Pinks and reds are coming out peach, what should be blue is green etc.  I have completed the deep cleaning process but no improvement.  Can anyone suggest something I could try next please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm at a loss. If the nozzle check is good it should mean nozzles are clear and driver is functioning.

If its happening with different software propgrams then it seems it would be a printer problem.

I know from other postings that Canon would not recommend cleaning the head other tha by running a head cleaning, but since you did that and still have the rpoblem, and it sure seems like you eliminated all other potential causes, there is nothing to lose by trying to clran head.

But before you do try powering down printer, removing power from it, and wait an hour or so. Repower and see what happens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you run a nozzle check? Does it look OK?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John.  Yes, I ran a nozzle check and it looked fine.  I then did the cleaning process and I've also checked that all the orange tape has been removed on the cartridges.  My OH has said he will clean the printhead tonight, something we've never done before but I've seen videos on youtube as to how to go about it.  

Hi nannapat. 

If nozzle check looks OK I wouldn't mess with head cleaning until other options are ruled out. 

Does it it do it with all software?  I assume you are printing photos?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi.  I was actually trying to print a PDF file that I have used before for my card making.  I have now tried printing a photo and an image from a CD and the colours are way out.  The CD image was a purple/mauve colour and it's come out pink.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Have you made any changes to your computer?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello again.  No, nothing has changed on my PC and I did check that the printer driver is the latest version.  I'm going out for a while now so won't be able to respond to you before about 8pm (UK time).  Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you!

I'm at a loss. If the nozzle check is good it should mean nozzles are clear and driver is functioning.

If its happening with different software propgrams then it seems it would be a printer problem.

I know from other postings that Canon would not recommend cleaning the head other tha by running a head cleaning, but since you did that and still have the rpoblem, and it sure seems like you eliminated all other potential causes, there is nothing to lose by trying to clran head.

But before you do try powering down printer, removing power from it, and wait an hour or so. Repower and see what happens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you!!  Such a simple remedy, switch off, wait, switch on.  I wish I'd thought of doing that yesterday.  Thank you for your help, it really is appreciated.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad I could help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements