cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PixmaMG5320 won't turn on, even after replacing with new Canon PSU. What could be wrong?

Amontarius
Apprentice

I have a 3 year old Canon Pixma MG5320 printer.  Two weeks ago, with no warning, it shut off mid-print job and will not turn on.  I tried all the obvious fixes - turn off and on after waiting 10 minutes, try a different outlet, etc.  I did some research on line and decided the most likely problem was a busted Power Supply Adapter.  After taking mine apart, I saw no obvious signs of burning, corrosion or other problems, but decided to try replacing it anyway.  I hated to throw out the 99% of the electronic that still appears to be in good shape.  

I just received my brand new power supply adapter ordered direct from Canon, attached it to the power supply, and the printer still won't turn on.  I have used a basic AC sensor and there IS power going from the power supply cord (wall to back of printer) into the PSU box AND there IS power exiting the PSU going into the main body of the printer (via the blue wires).  All are hot.  In fact, when I reconnect the old power supply adapter, all wires are hot as well.  So the old one was probably fine.

What else could be wrong????  

I have now put another $30 into a broken printer that only cost about $100 to begin with.  I should probably cut my losses and throw it out.  But what kind of disposable economy do we live in where that is the best option?  I find that seriously annoying and would really prefer to fix this thing!  Any advice on what else I could try would be GREATLY appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi Amontarius,

Since the troubleshooting steps you have performed did not resolve the power issue the printer is experiencing, we recommend having the printer looked at by a service facility to determine the exact cause and resolution to the problem. Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for servicing information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

xico1957
Apprentice

Hi, good afternoon

i have exactly the same problem , do you find any sugestion to fix the printer ?

tks , regards

jazz7173
Apprentice
Hello i just encounter the same issue printer stopped in the middle of a printing job, all TS done, is there another TS that we can do? The unit is 1 year old bought from Amazon. Please let us know how to fix i see this issue in manny post all over Google, is this a known issue with this model? Is thwre a recall on this model? Thanks for the help.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements