cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MP560 does not recognize that print head door is open so that I can change cartridges.

jimn
Apprentice

My Canon MP560 does not recognize that print head door is open so that I can change cartridges.

I have opened and closed the door several times and the print head just sits at the right side of the printer.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi jimn,

To try and resolve the issue, please turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the back.  You will want to leave the power cord out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in, turn the printer back on and open the printer cover again.  If the print head still does not move, let us know if there are any error codes or messages displaying on the printer and we will be happy to perform further troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had tried that a couple of days ago, with no results, I was ready to scrap it out so I tried one more thing, I picked it up and dropped it about 6 inches and that seems to have unstuck the switch. It is working again right at this time.

I did the dropping thing from 3 inches - also worked.  Great trick everything else failed.

Announcements