Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

MX452 stopped printing some colors correctly

[ Edited ]

My Pixima MX452 was not printing colors correctly so I thought the cartridge was out of ink.

I just installed a new Canon 241xl cartridge but the alignment page only has black, blue and a few patterns with green.

I wiped off the pins the cartridge connects to and they were clean and I see spots on all the gold squares on the old and new cartridges where the pins touch it, so it appears to be making contact on all the connectors.

This is happening on MULTIPLE cartridges, so it is NOT a nozzle issue!

What else could cause this?

Product Expert

Re: MX452 stopped printing some colors correctly

[ Edited ]

Hi vcanon,

To troubleshoot this printing issue I recommend performing, two Cleanings followed by one Deep Cleaning. Click HERE for information on the Cleaning process. After the second cleaning process is complete perform the Deep Cleaning process, pressing the right arrow 1 time will get you to the Deep Cleaning process. 

After the Deep Cleaning process is complete, print a nozzle check pattern. This will indicate how the ink is being pushed out of the print head. Click HERE for information on printing the Nozzle Check Pattern.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

It happens on multiple cartridges

Product Expert

Hi vcanon,

Could you please provide an image of the label on the ink cartridges that are not functioning properly?

Occasional Contributor

exactly the same patterns on old and new cartridges probably means it is not the cartridge

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

241xl box.jpg241xl box.jpg