cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX452 stopped printing some colors correctly

vcanon
Contributor

My Pixima MX452 was not printing colors correctly so I thought the cartridge was out of ink.

I just installed a new Canon 241xl cartridge but the alignment page only has black, blue and a few patterns with green.

I wiped off the pins the cartridge connects to and they were clean and I see spots on all the gold squares on the old and new cartridges where the pins touch it, so it appears to be making contact on all the connectors.

This is happening on MULTIPLE cartridges, so it is NOT a nozzle issue!

What else could cause this?

5 REPLIES 5

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi vcanon,

To troubleshoot this printing issue I recommend performing, two Cleanings followed by one Deep Cleaning. Click HERE for information on the Cleaning process. After the second cleaning process is complete perform the Deep Cleaning process, pressing the right arrow 1 time will get you to the Deep Cleaning process. 

After the Deep Cleaning process is complete, print a nozzle check pattern. This will indicate how the ink is being pushed out of the print head. Click HERE for information on printing the Nozzle Check Pattern.

It happens on multiple cartridges

Hi vcanon,

Could you please provide an image of the label on the ink cartridges that are not functioning properly?

exactly the same patterns on old and new cartridges probably means it is not the cartridge

241xl box.jpg241xl box.jpg

Announcements