cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Canon MF4890 Imageclass for windows 8.1

LaurieS
Apprentice

I just got a new computer with windows 8.1 for my home office  and now my MF4890 printer wont work.  This was my main printer/copier.

I've downloaded the driver from the CD and from the website several times and it still will not install. I can''t return the printer as its 3 months old now.   HELP!

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi LaurieS.

So that I can better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions.  Please reply with the following information:

1.  How will the printer be connected to your computer?  Will it be connected directly to the computer via a USB cable or wirelessly over the network?

2.  When you installed the drivers that you downloaded from the Canon USA website, were you able to access the 'MF Drivers Setup' program?

I look forward to your reply.  If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

the printer will be connected directly via USB.

yes I was able to access the MF driver program.  Everything loaded like it was working - from both the CD that came with the printer, and the website.

But then the printer will not connect or activate.

Laurie S

Announcements