cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of printer problems with printed output

Mabocat
Contributor

Until today, i was using an Epson printer and had successfully set up my Excel spreadshhets to print as I wanted, some files have two or more pages and the data was printed in landscape filling the page as I wanted. 0 margins althe way around.

Now I have changed to a Canon Pixma MG2560 and the prints are now smaller & even though I set them to be central on the page, the output is still left side orientated & smaller. I alter column widths and scaling and make sure the margins are 0 but still not fillng out  to the full page.

How do i set the printer? I change in Excel the scale from 82% which is well under the full page to 83% & it creates anorher page and the centre horizontally is not working, centred vertically is OK even though rows are thinner than before.

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have been advise by Canon Australia

PIXMA MG2560 has a bottom non printable margin area of 16.7mm which is greater than the standard 5mm on higher priced printers. Please allow for this margin limitation when printing documents on the MG2560.

I am not impressed with this restriction not easily found on the website & it is not in the Printer help documenation.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Ron,

Not sure if you are using Excel or Google Sheets.  I use Excel.  The Custom Scaling Option.  It is also sometimes helpful to reset the printable area and reset up your output options when you don't get what you expect.

Ron.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. I use Excel and under an Epson printer, the data selected filled the page perfectly  with zero margins leaving a blank area around the data printed 4mm left and right and  10mm top & bottom. Under the canono, same data and zero margins, it comes out with 4mm blanl lefy side, 18mm right side , 15mm top and bottom even though it is supposedly set to be centred, Canon has reduce the print by 10mm top and bottom and I cannot get it back to the same where it was printed by Epson.

So same data, same setup instructions and the two printers give different outputs- stupid !

OK, so different printers give different outputs, I can grudgingly accept that so how do I get the format actaully centred on the page. not to one side even though I had set that. It is most important when I have a page that is printed both sides. ( by inserting the printed page back into the printer printed side down)

The problem only occurs in lansdcape mode, not portrait , using Canon printer,

I have Canon Support working on this now.

Ron

I have been advise by Canon Australia

PIXMA MG2560 has a bottom non printable margin area of 16.7mm which is greater than the standard 5mm on higher priced printers. Please allow for this margin limitation when printing documents on the MG2560.

I am not impressed with this restriction not easily found on the website & it is not in the Printer help documenation.

I have PDF documents that are scaled to  fit the page and the printed part on the paper was true to size and now with this addtiional bottom margin, the prinred area is now inaccurate. How do I know this ?

Well the output has a ruler printed in it with inches & cms that can be checked against a real ruler and being a PDF, I do not know how to copy the item & ruler images onto a new file to print it out accurately.

So I certainly would not recommend this Printer version.

Announcements