cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Quick Menu has stopped working [ Solved ]

RoKphish
Apprentice

Hello all ... first time poster here with a new PIXMA MG3222 printer I just bought today and I'm having a problem.

Every time I attempt to start the Canon Quick Menu, I get a windows popup error message, "Canon Quick Menu has stopped working". This happened every time and the error message is immediate. A black box that Task Manager indicates is the Canon Quick Menu main window is in the background, but nothing displays in it and Task Manager says it's Not Running.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the 3 drivers for my Win7 64bit box from the Canon Site, as well as the newest Quick Menu software but still get the same error message. I've opened my Firewall to allow Canon Quick Menu thinking it may be trying to contact Canon for some reason and that's why it was failing but again ... still the same error message.

The printer & scanner are working correctly but of course I have to select each function separately from Windows Explorer in order to use them, no Canon Quick Menu, so it's fairly annoying.

Anyone have a similar issue they've resolved?

From Event Viewer ...

Application: CNQMMAIN.EXE
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
   at Canon.QuickMenu.ManagedWrapper.Twain.Controller.GetFirstSource(Canon.QuickMenu.ManagedWrapper.Twain.TwIdentity ByRef)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.InstallInformation.Driver.GetScannerDriverInfo(System.String, System.Windows.Window, System.Nullable`1<Boolean>)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.Scanner..ctor(System.String, System.Nullable`1<Boolean>, System.Windows.Window)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.Scanner.GetScannerFromDeviceID(System.String, System.Nullable`1<Boolean>)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.MasterSetup.FindInstalledDevice(System.String, Boolean ByRef, System.DateTime)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.App.ChangeDeviceSettingsOnCommalineInformation(Boolean, Canon.QuickMenu.Main.CommandLine.Information, Boolean ByRef)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.App.CommandLineInformationProcedure(Boolean, Canon.QuickMenu.Main.CommandLine.Information, Boolean)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at Canon.QuickMenu.Main.App.Main()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RoKphish
Apprentice

I have solved this problem:

Apparently, the Canon Quick Menu was hanging on trying to initialize a no-longer-exisiting Twain-32 driver from a previously uninstalled printer/scanner that left behind a file location ... the file no longer existed but a reference to it did.

From the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: CNQMMAIN.EXE, version: 2.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x51ee1f7b
Faulting module name: dlbktwds.ds, version: 3.107.0.0, time stamp: 0x45df4d5a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004da2
Faulting process id: 0xfc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3a786aa3ca3b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Quick Menu\CNQMMAIN.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Twain_32\Dell\AIO Printer A920\dlbktwds.ds
Report Id: a881fcce-a66b-11e3-be08-1c6f65af0926

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RoKphish
Apprentice

I have solved this problem:

Apparently, the Canon Quick Menu was hanging on trying to initialize a no-longer-exisiting Twain-32 driver from a previously uninstalled printer/scanner that left behind a file location ... the file no longer existed but a reference to it did.

From the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: CNQMMAIN.EXE, version: 2.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x51ee1f7b
Faulting module name: dlbktwds.ds, version: 3.107.0.0, time stamp: 0x45df4d5a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004da2
Faulting process id: 0xfc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3a786aa3ca3b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Quick Menu\CNQMMAIN.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Twain_32\Dell\AIO Printer A920\dlbktwds.ds
Report Id: a881fcce-a66b-11e3-be08-1c6f65af0926

Thanks for taking the time to post your fix. 

In case anyone else has this issue but does not know where to go from here: Delete the "Faulting module path". In RoKphish's example, it would be "C:\Windows\Twain_32\Dell\AIO Printer A920\dlbktwds.ds".

Where do I delete that line from? I am having the same problem in Windows 7 from the Canon Quick Menu for my PRO-100.

Canon MG 2570S Canon Quick Menu has stopped working.

Psl Help me 

Thanks

mikeinfwtx
Apprentice

C:\Windows\Twain_32\older_system\XXXXX.ds

Go into windows and into the Twain_32 folder.  Is there any other subdirectory there?  For me it said "Lexmark".  Now go into Lexmark or whatever older system that you had installed previously onto your computer, and find a file that looks like  XXXX.ds and delete it.  Its part of the older system so don't worry about deleting it unless you are still going to use the older system.  If so maybe copy the file to some where so that it can be replaced later.

Worked for me in Windows 10 too, thanks for the Twain tip - deleted the Dell .ds file and 'hey presto' up and running.

Worked a treat, thanks very much, mine was in a Dell folder from a printer I hadn't used in 5 years

canburn45
Apprentice

Ι am getting the same error but in the event viewer as a fault path I get this:

C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Something that makes me to assume that the cause of the error is different form what is mentioned in the other posts.

What should I do?

Announcements