Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

LCD screen not working on new SX70 HS

I received this camera as a gift & tried it out today for the first time. I can not get the LCD screen to turn on. The viewfinder works fine. I've read the manual, as well as previous posts on this forum & have tried 'Reset Camera', adjusting the Display Control from Auto to Manual, hitting the Quick Control button several times....and nothing, just a black screen. 

I'm hoping someone will be able to 'enlighten' me. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
VIP

Re: LCD screen not working on new SX70 HS

@New_SX70_user wrote:

I received this camera as a gift & tried it out today for the first time. I can not get the LCD screen to turn on. The viewfinder works fine. I've read the manual, as well as previous posts on this forum & have tried 'Reset Camera', adjusting the Display Control from Auto to Manual, hitting the Quick Control button several times....and nothing, just a black screen. 

I'm hoping someone will be able to 'enlighten' me. 

Thanks!

If you can access the menus and are able to "Reset Camera" back to factory defaults, that tells me the LCD screen is probably working just fine, and your problem is elsewhere.  Make sure hat you have removed the lens cap.  If removing the lens cap does not produce a screen image, then I suggest that you contact Canon Support for your area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, the lens cap is off. I'll give Canon a call on Monday!

Have a great weekend!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just a follow up. I contacted Canon via phone, then drove to their service center in Irvine, CA. After inspection, they decided they could not fix the issue with the monitor & will be sending me a new camera.