Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Help Please! LCD screen keeps going blank on SX70

I have been reading about this in other posts but they are for a SX60 and the answers do not apply to my camera. Each time anything gets close to the viewfinder the screen goes blank. I do almost all of my photography in a light box and many times the camera is at the top of the box and each time this will turn the screen off. I understand that the camera thinks my eye has moved to the viewfinder, but how do I turn off this feature?

Thank you so much!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Help Please! LCD screen keeps going blank on SX70

@ALB2018 wrote:

I have been reading about this in other posts but they are for a SX60 and the answers do not apply to my camera. Each time anything gets close to the viewfinder usps tracking the screen goes blank. I do almost all of my photography in a light box and many times the camera is at the top of the box and each time this will turn the screen off. I understand that the camera thinks my eye has moved to the viewfinder, but how do I turn off this feature?

Thank you so much!

Facing the same here too. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Amanda

Respected Contributor

I think you have to change the display mode from Auto to Manual as shown here:

SX70  Diplay.JPG

New Contributor

OMG Thank you so very much! This has driven me crazy and I couldn't find information on it anywhere.

Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

You're very welcome!