cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera needs resetting

anna223
Apprentice

Hi, I need help. I am not a professional photographer. I use Powershot SX620 HS for photos only in P. Two days ago, I noticed that I am in a totally different area, in some wilderness where everything is unfamiar. I tried to follow the intstructions, return to factory setting and take it from there, but I couldn't. I could follow only up to a point and then .. what I was told I would see, I couldn't. There is no way I can figure out how to leave this wilderness myself. I do want to continue using my relatively new camera.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@anna22 wrote:

Hi, I need help. I am not a professional photographer. I use Powershot SX620 HS for photos only in P. Two days ago, I noticed that I am in a totally different area, in some wilderness where everything is unfamiar. I tried to follow the intstructions, return to factory setting and take it from there, but I couldn't. I could follow only up to a point and then .. what I was told I would see, I couldn't. There is no way I can figure out how to leave this wilderness myself. I do want to continue using my relatively new camera.

Thank you.

Make sure the camera is in P mode when you begin the procedure.  If you are still having trouble, then contact Canon Support, who can walk you through it over the phone.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@anna22 wrote:

Thank you.

Make sure the camera is in P mode when you begin the procedure.  If you are still having trouble, then contact Canon Support, who can walk you through it over the phone.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that I don't have this P mode when begin the procedure. I am going to visit a photo repair store(s) today in the hope they can reset. If not, I'll call Canon.

Updating.

The guy in the store took one minute to go to P mode. To me it was absolute wilderness and I was lost there. These cameras are too complicated for my taste and needs. But I like the quality of photos.

Thank you again.

Announcements