cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing videos on PC

Josephine
Apprentice

I can't seem to view my videos on my pc when I transfer to Picasa from the card.  The pictures transfer fine, but the video doesn't even show up to be transferred and it's on the same card..  What am I doing wrong?  I'm in my late 60's and not very tetchy but for the most part can follow step by step instructions.

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi Josephine! So that everyone's on the same page, it will be helpful to know what equipment you're using, any error messages you're getting, and the Computer Operating system if applicable. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community help you! Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks Stephen for your interest in try to help this senior with my problem.  I have a Canon Power Shot ELPH310HS an Pavillion dv6 laptop.   I have the pictures and the video on a 1 gb memory card.  When I put the card into the slot in the Laptop and try to import the picture and video into Picasa 3, only the pictures will import, nothing is noted about the video that didn't import.  I tried the memory card in my desk top computer with the same resutls.  No video.  When the card is in the camera, and I view it, the pictures and the Video show perfectly.  I can play the video with no problem and there is no message related to the video.  I'm confused.  Why will the video play in the camera and not in my laptop or desktop computer?  This is driving me crazy.   HELP.  I just want to add that I took a video with my phone which has a micro card and put it in the adapter to put into my laptop and tried to view it in Picasa but again only the still pictures came through and the video didn't. 

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Josephine,

I understand your frustration, but I think what you are seeing in this case is normal.  Picasa is a service/application for still images, not video.  This explains why it is not importing the video from not only your camera, but your other devices as well.  To import the video, you will need to use another appplication, like the software that came with your camera.  You can also try directly transferring the files over to your computer using a card reader.  A card reader, if you are not familiar with one, allows you to view the files on the card, then drag-and-drop them wherever you want them on your computer.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements