cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software for Powershot SD1300 IS

whatevermedia
Apprentice

I just found an old SD1300 camera and want to take the photos off of it onto my MAC, using the latest OS. any ideas the best software i can download to get the photos off of the camera or have the camera recognize it that will work with this computer and OS?

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Not knowing what model your Mac is, can you please advise if it has either an SD or USB port?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Wow thanks! Its MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Thanks for your quick response.   I am not a Mac user, but it possible to connect a USB card reader (or thunderbolt compatible) for SD cards to your Mac?

That would be the simplest way of downloading images.  Once the card is in the reader (they are very cheap), it should be recognized as a drive and you can copy the images across to the computer.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements