cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming custom buttons

northernclaw
Contributor
Like others have said, that manual is printed too small to easily read. I'm interested in programming custom buttons. I see it includes the movie button. Does this mean the red movie button on the camera? I don't do videos, so changing that might be a good idea if it's possible. Where are the parameters for programming these? No one seems to discuss.
6 REPLIES 6

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@northernclaw wrote:
Like others have said, that manual is printed too small to easily read. I'm interested in programming custom buttons. I see it includes the movie button. Does this mean the red movie button on the camera? I don't do videos, so changing that might be a good idea if it's possible. Where are the parameters for programming these? No one seems to discuss.

There are digital versions of the manuals (PDFs) available online through Canon product support, and on the software disks that came with the camera. You can view these PDFs on your computer screen and make the text as large as you need it to be.

I'll have to change the PDF into something I can play with, then. I printed all 203 pages of the manual and they looked just like the getting started manual, no bigger.  Adobe Illustrator opens PDF files which I can then change any way I want.

I did not get any disk or software with the camera. I just bought it from the Canon Refurb dept.

I printed out all 203 pages of the manual. The size was not much bigger than the user guide that came with the camera.

I can probably edit in Adobe Illustrator. Reader doesn't seem to allow any reformatting. I'd probably have to remove the DRM and convert to EPUB to get it to print my way.

I did NOT get any disk or software with the camera. I just bought it last week from Canon's refurb page.

I had to download Camera Window from online, it works. I can open pics in Photoshop on the computer via wifi.

The other software wouldn't even open or run. If it's just the image browser and a converter for RAW, I don't need it.

Adobe Bridge works.

Duplicate, sorry

@northernclaw wrote:

I printed out all 203 pages of the manual. The size was not much bigger than the user guide that came with the camera.

I can probably edit in Adobe Illustrator. Reader doesn't seem to allow any reformatting. I'd probably have to remove the DRM and convert to EPUB to get it to print my way.

I did NOT get any disk or software with the camera. I just bought it last week from Canon's refurb page.

I had to download Camera Window from online, it works. I can open pics in Photoshop on the computer via wifi.

The other software wouldn't even open or run. If it's just the image browser and a converter for RAW, I don't need it.

Adobe Bridge works.

Duplicate, sorry

Call Canon if you bought it from Canon Direct it should have included a software disk.

If you specify what model camera you have we can provide you a link to the full manual.

p.s. you should be using Adobe Reader to view the PDF files, not Adobe Illustrator.

Adobe reader does not really let you edit text unless you also have Acrobat.

I will simply take the pages from the manual I need and edit them in Illustrator where I have control, then put them in with the printed manual so I can read them.

I have a refurb SX60 bought from Canon

If you look at the picture: https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/powershot-sx60-hs-refurbished you will see:

Camera

Strap

Battery charger

Battery

Lens Cap. That is all.

No disc. No one sends disc today. They want you to download the manuals yourself. The same for software. I don't need the software. Everything is working without it.

@northernclaw wrote:

Adobe reader does not really let you edit text unless you also have Acrobat.

I will simply take the pages from the manual I need and edit them in Illustrator where I have control, then put them in with the printed manual so I can read them.

I have a refurb SX60 bought from Canon

If you look at the picture: https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/powershot-sx60-hs-refurbished you will see:

Camera

Strap

Battery charger

Battery

Lens Cap. That is all.

No disc. No one sends disc today. They want you to download the manuals yourself. The same for software. I don't need the software. Everything is working without it.

Sounds like you are happy doing things the way you are doing them.

Announcements