cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting AGAIN for G7X Mark II

sabine098
Contributor

I am writing to express my growing frustration regarding the extended wait times associated with my G7X Mark II camera order. It has been nearly a year since I initially placed the order, enduring a 6 month wait due to backorder issues. Recently, I had to send the camera in for repairs under the expectation of a prompt return within a week. However, I was informed that a replacement unit would be sent instead, yet I have not received any shipping information.

Upon contacting customer service, I was informed that the product has not even been received in their inventory. As someone who relies on this camera for both professional and personal use, this situation is highly inconvenient and disappointing. I am scheduled to be away for several months, and the uncertainty surrounding the availability of my camera is causing considerable inconvenience.

While I understand that the G7X Mark II is a popular product and demand may exceed supply at times, the multiple delays and lack of communication have significantly impacted my ability to utilize this essential tool. I kindly request a prompt resolution to this matter and would appreciate any updates regarding the status of my order.

I am also wondering if any one else has experienced this issue when sending in their G7X Mark II for repairs? How long did it take to receive the product? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I haven't seen any PowerShot products reliably in stock for about a year.  In your situation I would continue to contact customer service.  Maybe they can offer you a comparable model.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your reply. You're right I should contact support again and ask if they can supply me with a supplemental camera. I do love the G7x Mark II, but this is a massive inconvenience. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements