cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer pictures on my computer (Windows 11) from my Powershot A530 to folders.

tuxedo
Contributor

Before Windows 11, I was able to transfer pictures from my PowerShot A530, which I sent to computer and then could make folders.  Now that is changed.  When I load the pictures from the camera into my computer the screen is completely different than before.  How can I make folders from those pictures that are on my computer?

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

My suggestion is to simply plug your SD card into your computer via a built-in or USB connected SD card reader. At that point the SD card is now acting as a conventional removable drive and you can use the standard windows procedures to make folders where you choose on your hard disc and copy and paste (or drag and drop) the files to those folders from the SD card.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

What do you mean by "the screen is completely different"? Windows 11 has a desktop, where you can move/copy images to from the camera. Create folders on the desktop (right-click on desktop-New-Folder), sort photos into folders, then move the folders to wherever you want. Easy-peasy!

I agree. This sounds more like an issue with being able to use Windows rather than something to do with  the camera per se.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements