cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX540 HS cannot connect to laptop

awriterinpanama
Apprentice

Yesterday, the camera connected fine to my laptop so I could offload photographs. Today, when the camera is not connected to the laptop, it functions (i.e., takes photographs) just fine. But, when I connect it with the cord to my laptop, the camera's screen switches from the live view in front of the lens to one of the photographs that I just took, and none of the controls function. And the laptop  does not sense the camera so I can offload the photographs. When I disconnect the cord, the image of the recent photograph remains on the camera screen, until I switch off the camera and turn it back on again, such that it shows the live view in front of the lens again. I've tried everything I can think of to correct or circumvent this issue, without success. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

awriterinpanama
Apprentice

Thanks, Danny, but it seems the problem is bigger than the camera. I am trying to get a Microsoft agent. You can close this post if you like. But I appreciate it!

Announcements