cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX530 HS Shutter dial problem

BlenderTimer
Contributor

I have a PowerShot SX530 HS that has a problem with the shutter dial.

The dial(on the top of the camera) was working but one day when I went to go take some photos the dial stoped working.

I'm looking for some information on how to fix it, and what would have caused it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@BlenderTimer wrote:
I already contacted canon support, and they said that there was no email support for the product.

No, you need to arrange to have it sent in for Service.  You need to create a service ticket number.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Apart from a miracle, your camera has an internal problem requiring service and maybe parts. A repair would not be the best route and very expensive. For instance, these are selling on Amazon, new for $229 with free shipping and used as low as $139.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@BlenderTimer wrote:

I have a PowerShot SX530 HS that has a problem with the shutter dial.

The dial(on the top of the camera) was working but one day when I went to go take some photos the dial stoped working.

I'm looking for some information on how to fix it, and what would have caused it.

All-in-one cameras tend to more disposable than serviceable.  I suggest that you contact Canon Support.  

I already contacted canon support, and they said that there was no email support for the product.

@BlenderTimer wrote:

No, you need to arrange to have it sent in for Service.  You need to create a service ticket number.

Well what I really wanted was a fix simple enough for me, but it is what it is.

Apart from a miracle, your camera has an internal problem requiring service and maybe parts. A repair would not be the best route and very expensive. For instance, these are selling on Amazon, new for $229 with free shipping and used as low as $139.

Announcements