cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX50 HS camera

cbh3500
Contributor

Hi;

Have an SX50 HS camera and following the directions in the manual does not allow me to access the AWB, white balance, as the list of icons including AWB icon do not appear as shown in the manual.  What am I missing?  Charlie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

smack53
Mentor

Need to ask what mode you're in. If you are in Auto Mode, you won't get any white balance options. If you switch to P, Av, Tv, or M mode, you should have them all.

Steve M.

View solution in original post

The full manual for the SX50 is almost 300 pages long. My guess is Canon sent you a quick start guide.

On page 262 is shows where White Balance as well as White Balance correction is available in which modes. An "O" means it is available. 

awb.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

smack53
Mentor

Need to ask what mode you're in. If you are in Auto Mode, you won't get any white balance options. If you switch to P, Av, Tv, or M mode, you should have them all.

Steve M.

Thanks for your help Steve.  Don't see where that is mentioned anywhere in the manual.  Could be I just missed it. I received a free manual from Canon recently.  It is certainly more compact than downloading it from the computer. All I did was call and ask.  Charlie

The full manual for the SX50 is almost 300 pages long. My guess is Canon sent you a quick start guide.

On page 262 is shows where White Balance as well as White Balance correction is available in which modes. An "O" means it is available. 

awb.PNG

Hi again Steve;  They did send me the full manual; CDD-E492-010.  I did not see any reference to that page in the index.  I may not have known what description to look for.  Thanks for your help.  Charlie.

Canon sent you a printed manual ?

Announcements