cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWING WITH CONFIDENCE - POWERSHOT GOLF

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let Canon Senior Innovation Designer Jon Lorentz take you through the features of the PowerShot GOLF as Canon jumps into the golf space with the power of Canon optics and image stabilization.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This looks like a really cool device.  I don't play golf myself.  Photo and video.  Water and dust rating, 12MP, IS, range finder out to 800 yrds.  This might be useful for hunters too.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dpsaiz
Enthusiast

A buddy of mine uses the Leupold GX-2C for roughly the same price. My guess is that Canon branded a rangefinder from an established company. Rangefinders are way out of Canon's typical product line.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Takes the fun and challenge out of estimating the distance to the pin. Many courses have distances marked in some way: shrubs at a certain distance, sprinkler heads marked with the distance, etc. I pace 2-1/2 feet per 100 yards. Used that for years.

Local golf course has carts with GPS to show the needed distances.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Ok, thanks.

kpcasey
Apprentice

Not sure if canon is monitoring/watching, but after using it, I have some feedback for the next firmware update if you can...
1) Have option to remove "2x" overlay on the zoomed in image.  This shouldn't even be on the photo in the 1st place, almost seems like it was left over in testing or beta for QC to be sure it was zoomed in.... 
2) If you can, have 3 zoom levels. Keep the existing 2, but can one be added around 205mm (I think current is 410 and 820) for a few occasional close up shots of your friends teeing off on your own box?
3) In photo mode, add a horizon line (or grid via option in menu?) to quickly align the shot? 

All in all, not a bad 1st shot at a new product. I'm happy I bought one. (also great for the wildlife shots while on the course) Thanks!

Been using this on my friday league the past few weeks and plan to have the laptop spewing pics in a slideshow at year end on the tv in the banquet room. 🙂 

I think that's it for me right now. 

Announcements