cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting PowerShot SX540 HS to Factory Default Settings

Chasboo1944
Apprentice

I have a Canon PowerShot SX540HS camera that I use to take photos of small objects I sell on eBay. I began using it with whatever settings were set at the factory, but at some point I accidently touched some buttons that caused the camera to work differently and without knowing what I was doing I tried to reset the camera back to where it was. Now when I turn the camera on I get a "busy" message and when I turn the camera off, it turns itself back on. Can someone help me to return it to its original default settings? I never used a digital camera before and I do not know anything about modern cameras. I just want to take simple photographs. I would greatly appreciate what help I can get.  Thank you, Chasboo1944

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum

Hopefully this will help you with your issue.  I am enclosing a link HERE  to the PDF version of the Canon manual.  Look on P144 for instructions on how to do a camera reset to defaults.   If this resolves your issue, please mark my post as a resolution so others won't spend time trying to fix it too and for others with the same issue to find it quickly

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements