cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: download pictures

taper21
Enthusiast

mY 10 YEAR OLD POWER SHOT SX150IS WILL NOT NOT DOWNLOAD PICTURE FOR FIRST TIME. 

17 REPLIES 17

Danny

Hi, taper21!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof), and whether you're trying to download photos via the USB cable or a memory card reader. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you upgrade your operating system?

You might need to get a card reader.

befor trouble with downoading  by accident clicked twice on off and on and got message on screen that computer must elliminate some things to fix trouble.

short time later that operation finished now download trouble.

What if I go to SYSTEM RESTORE AND PRECEDE OWNLOADING PROBLEM ?

I went to system restore and no luck.

Maybe never went back far enough.

Am always  afraid of losing soething importand with  that procedure but with this to  fix I might as well go"way back" in "before" and see if that is the cure.

taper21

I went to 10th of month which was before trouble but restore outcome was-.

Could not do backup notice followed by.

Oxc0000056.

Whatever that means but, no luck at Restore.

I can have picture showing on camera screen and when turning on camera everything turns off.

Something in computer rejects the download.

Thanks,

taper21

I turned on computer today and flag tells me it will not turn on that Windows will fix trouble in computer which took about 20 minutes, when it shut down and started up.

So, I chcked an array of things in computer {pictures, ect.} and all  "came up" so connected camers with cable to computer and same thing happened. It shut off camer as to downloading

Another thing.

After 15 minutes, or so, message in camera screen warns to Charge Batteries. I take them out and they show full charge in testing.

Thanks,

Taper21

With this camera, operation is getting worse.

Put in charged batterys printer screen says as soon as turned on  .

And turning on camera, it starts up and shuts off .with the charged up batterys.

After about 12 years of fair amount of using it needs being sent in to get "All "things checked or set asside and buy another.

Thanks for all help

I will run it back again on system restore and see if that helps.

Canon is power shot sx150is. w 7.If I need to contack you again.

taper21

12 years is a long time for a battery. Get an OEM Canon battery as a replacement.

It takes two aa batterys which I have a dozen, or more, so changing is only a matter of minutes to put in charged up ones.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements