cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX240 video capture

DecioAlex
Apprentice

Hi, I've bought a Powershot SX240, and was wondering if there's anyway to capture video directly to computer. I am trying to record it on AVS Video Recorder or Sony Vegas to no avail. 

Windows recognizes the Powershot under "Portable Devices" on Device Manager, but won't recognize it as a recording camera and so those softwares can't find it.

After so much googling yesterday and manual reading, I am starting to wonder if it is possible to do this with this camera at all.

I am using Win7 on a laptop. TTRhe only camera recognized is the laptop webcam.

My system is an HP Pavillion G4 - 2165,4gb.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

DecioAlex
Apprentice

Can anyone help?

Have anyone had this problem or found a solution to this? 

Or is there a solution to this?

Thank you.

Hi DecioAlex!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried the link you posted, but for my country (Brazil) there's only Technical Service Providers, there's no Forum or other way of contacting support for simple doubt solving. 

That is why I tried this Forum out.

But if it isn't possible to find help here, I will try some other Forum on the web.

Thanks again.

Decio

Announcements