cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot ELPH 180 shooting modes

ashleyariii
Apprentice

Hi! I was wondering how I can have access to the shooting modes on the ELPH 180, I’ve looked at the manual and the directions on there has not helped : for instance I pressed the auto button and it switches between AUTO and SUPER VIVID. I have a trip coming up and I desperately need to change the shooting modes and learn how to. Thanks for the help

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I would take another look at page 37 of the User Manual.   Here's a portion of that page which says to press the upwards-pointing triangle button several times.   Page 43 I believe then outlines P (Program) mode.

elph_mode.png

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi! I really appreciate taking time to reply to my question because I am so stressed on how to work it. My question is what button is that  upwards-pointing triangle button because if it’s the auto button I’ve already pressed it several times and it only switches back from auto and super vivid. I’ve looked at the manual and am confused on what is that upwards triangle button to press, I can’t do anything without knowing what button is that.

It appears it's the auto button:

elph_buttons.png

It may be worthwhile to reset the camera's settings.  Perhaps something got set that is preventing it from switching amongst the various modes.  To reset the settings, see page 74.  But here's an image with most of the instructions:

elph_reset.png

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hello ashleyariii,

Try pressing the FUNC./SET button. This should bring up some settings down the left side of the LCD screen. Locate the shooting mode, and then press the right directional arrow to move over to the list of additional shooting modes. Use the up and/or down arrows to scroll to the desired shooting mode and press the SET button to select that mode.

Hello ashleyariii,

Follow the below steps once you have set the camera to the Super Vivid mode.

camilarz
Apprentice

Hey! did you ever figure this out? I’m having the exact same issue 

Announcements