cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX70 transfer photos

MomOf8
Contributor

I have an older Canon Camera that I have software installed on my computer and when I plug the camera in and turn it on and click the link it transfers the photos for me. I want to do this same thing with my SX70. I do NOT want to transfer the images via WiFi. I bought the Canon Interface cable to use with my SX70 but I do  not know where to find the software on the Canon site to download so I can just click a button and it open a transfer utility that is not WiFi.  Anyone able to help me?

16 REPLIES 16

MomOf8
Contributor

Not sure if this will work or not...

IMG_9981.JPG

MomOf8
Contributor

I tried four different tools. None show the S/N. Even a Canon software doesn't report it.

Give canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON and explain the situation to them. Maybe they can assist. Sorry I couldn't help.

I know you like the easy download, but maybe just get a SD card reader and download that way if Canon can't assist.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks John!  Appreciate all your assistance.  I'll give Canon a call.  It's an older camera and still does take decent shots. I'm giving it to my daughter to use with my grandson, but not having the S/N might pose a big issue.  Again, thank you so very much.  I appreciate you sticking with me and trying hard to help me. Lisa

I went to the Windows 7 support page and tried to download the Camera Window software and I could. No S/N required. Tried the camera software and typed in 12345 as a S/N and it rejected.  

Looks like Camera Window is what you want. 

Screenshot 2022-09-28 081126.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

After all this and all your help I got the program downloaded, hooked up the camera, launched the program and it says "CameraWindow is not compatible with the detected camera".  So I guess it just isn't meant to be.  Thanks again for all your help... greatly appreciate people like you willing to share their wisdom!

Announcements