cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX620 won't find my laptop

dvpearson
Apprentice

I have been able to successfully wirelessly connect to my desktop computer but I cannot get my Powershot SX620 HS to find and connect to my laptop. Both computers use Windows 10. On the desktop I went to add a new devise and went through the setup steps and the camera found the desktop. I followed the same steps with my laptop but when the camera did the searching it could not find the laptop.

Suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dvpearson,

As long as you were using the same USB cable and camera/SD card combination, the next best things I can think of which could cause this are 1. security software preventing the camera and computer from communicating properly, in which case you would want to check that your security software and Windows Defender are not limiting USB connections, and 2.the USB port not functioning as it should which can usually be remedied by restarting your PC and trying a different USB port that is directly on the computer instead of a USB hub.

Thanks for the quick reply, however I was not using a USB connection. It was wireless. The wireless connection worked on the desktop but not on the laptop. Both devices were in the search/discover mode; that is, the desktop searching for the camera and finding it and the laptop searching for the camera and NOT finding it.

Any other suggestions?

I have the same problem. I followed the instructions on Youtube at 

Canon PowerShot SX620 HS - Wireless Connection with a Windows Device

My Dell Latitude 3400 with Win10 can't find my camera.

Also, if I use a USB connection I still cannot access the photos on the camera. Please post a fix for this problem ASAP.

Hi there,

For wireless communication, you will want to be sure to use the new process outlined thgouh image.canon. You can begin by following the link below which will guide you through the setup.

https://image.canon/st/en/camera.html?model=32C3#howto

Thank you. I have followed the instructions. The camera is connected to my desktop and shows in the connected devices. I still cannot connect to my laptop after following the directions you suggested.

My laptop is an HP Laptop 15-db0xx and has other wireless connected devices.

I have not seen a new reply to my issue.

@dvpearson wrote:

I have not seen a new reply to my issue.

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

same issue here

very frustrating

can you Canon people please help?

i spent the whole night on trying to get the camera connected ... nothing works

why make it all so complicated?

please please please give clear instruction on how to do this

thanks in advance

Nicolaas

mrbensteele
Contributor

I have this camera as well and have the exact same problem, same as my sx700hs, searched for help but still no answer anywhere i look.

Announcements